Saturday, March 28, 2009

March 28, 2009

It has been some time since I made my last entry. I am sorry for that but, I have actually been USING 100% of my work time to take care of things.
I really don't have much to say since I have not done anything substantial worth of note,yet :). I am however currently updating the Ita blog to give mention of the new things that are up on the website. I am satisfied at the jobs that I am given and I willing to do whatever it takes to get loose ends in the ITA program tied up.

Over the past few days, I have spent MANY hours reviewing html, some Javascript and a bit of php. I am more confident now on how these things relate. I was really excited when I successfully implemented a piece of preexisting Javascript code that allowed me to let it "snow" on my page. I am very comfortable with javascript since it is identical to actual JAVA code which is something much more advanced and powerful since it is used not only for web development but to create stand-alone software applications. I have experience with java and the syntax is identical to what is used in javascript. Since javascript like php is interpreted and not compiled as I have read, there are some minor differences.

However, just to get some more practice I was able to change all the snow flakes "*" to "danielisawesome" and that was blast. I was also introduced to Jquerry today which is really nice because now I can actually have a library of really interesting dynamic work that can be done using Javascript. I also enjoy javascript because in another wiki that I am setting up with confluence, there is a need for some dynamic things as in reminder pop-ups or some sort of log in system. Javascript allows me to do this.

okay, well I should get back to work,
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment