Hey is me,
Haven't written in a long time, that's cuz I have been so engrossed with a particular problem. I know this may not be a good thing anymore, but I have been so focused on thsi one issue, that it has creeped into my thought life outside of work time. I really enjoy this which is why it is taking alot of out of me. I have gotten REALLY understand php now. I strongly feel that with any programming language, when start processing things outside of the actual programming, you are acutally then starting to learn.
My main problem is still trying to get a list of links to display on a simple page using php code, and these take me straight to the newest blog updates of the ita blog. Now I know this requires some sort of load method, that loads an xml file. But that is not as hard the implementing of the code in this particular situation. I literally have spent hours so far, reviewing the W3 schools reviews. Alot of the code is the same but as Java, but I am "stuck" so I am now willing to go get some help. If not from Drew then from my instructor in the comp sci department. But this is now a personal problem that I just need to personally solve, because it will irritate me for a long time lol.
In any case, I think that in the future and this WILL happen alot I expect to be "stuck" several times until I REALLY start to understand fully what I am doing. When I encounter these stuck places I think I will just use that time to do "other" things as in not just coding, in order to make sure other things get done, as in my other projects.
All in all, I felt quite unproductive on Saturday, since I spent a huge chunk of the day, surfing the Internet for possible solutions to this RSS feed mystery and reviewing php code concepts, foreach loops, and a very different array structure style of php when compared to java. I am also going to STOP comparing things to JAVA code because it seems to me that it is becoming counterproductive. I will just accept that fact that both ARE different, and will lean php for what it is.
When I was starting to get bored/frustrated, lol I did some javascript tutorials on w3, so not waste of a Saturday!
I need to get back to the ITA blog, permit updater post NEEDS to be written.
I'll keep you posted faithful blog.
Peace.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment