I am so sorry I haven't been updating this. It really slipped my mind since I was so involved with other tasks.
Okay first things first, I have really got a hang of how blogs should be written since it IS really an art to be both informative and concise at the same time. Also pictures speak a thousand words, so a fusion of simple but specific wordage coupled with valuable thousand word elements(pictures) make for a great blog post, especially a post that displays instructions or an update. Google had many great posts and I read almost all of them in order to glean some blog writing style.
Also, I have come to the conclusion that Vista sucks, because I really cannot manipulate images in the way that I want in order to upload them onto the wiki posts. Vista has a snipping tool but this did not really help for the type of things that I was trying to do. So for the sake of time, I switched machines and was able to accomplish everything using a mac!
In the future when writing blog posts for more site updates, this is what I will do.
I have been spending the rest of my time with PHP coding. I purchased a really sweet PHP book that has helped we a lot with different things, and is more informative and detailed then W3 schools. I have also talked to Drew about the RSS feed problem. I think that I have a good idea what to do now, after much experimenting and working through it. He also did not know what to do at first so he recommended to me looking into simple xml, since PHP has three methods of parsing xml files. One of these three methods is through simple XML. I was trying explore the use of that method, but Drew had no time to first learn it himself and then explain it to me. SO once I am able to produce an un-formatted display of certainxml elements and the RSS feed, I will just give that code to Drew so he can help me format it. He has also an additional project, but as always, one step at a time!
Other than that, I have learned a lot of things about PHP unrelated to RSS feeding, but still I am positive will come in handy. I have made many detours but I finally will be able to solve this puzzle.
I will keep you posted faithful blog, until next time.
-Dan
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment