Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday, March 16, 2009

Goals: I just wanted to get a feel for the Wiki and I did get some practice when I created a new page with the entire list of all ITA staff jobs. There will be more that will come up I am sure.

I also wanted to finish some more PHP tutorials, but I did not get enough time to finish.

I was able to make this blog, as well as update my personal info on the wiki!
YAY!

I still need to create my wiscall calendar and then log in my work hours there for the duration of the break.



Okay, now to the real stuff. One of my major goals of being a part of ITA is gain some solid programming experience, especially with PHP. Programming has been difficult for me in class, (CS is my major) since I had no previous programming experience. Working with PHP will help my mind better grasp the problem solving mentality that is required of programmers. In a year from now, I see myself carrying huge weight, being responsible for much of the programming behind the ITA site as well as the one responsible for creative suggestions to make the site better. I also see myself gaining speech skills, and public speaking confidence. I really would like a chance at least once, to teach a lesson to students. I also see myself understanding the system that is in place here and become a very VALUABLE member to the system for my suggestions, work contributions and personality!

For me, I am really interested in the gaming industry. I love graphic and video game technology and every once in awhile, I will try to search the latest games that have come out for various platforms including PC. I love to analyze how new advancements in technology can make the content of a game so amazing. I like RTS styles the most, and for the non-gamers, that stands for Real-Time-Strategy. Examples of these are the Age of Empires series, the Command and Conquer series, maybe Spore, or to go back farther, War Craft or Star Craft or even farther, Total Annihilation!

I am also a big SCI FI fan. I like Asimov and Critchton. I like Stargate Atlantis and Battle Star Galactica. I also like obscure sub-lot lines of Star Wars!

As far as ITA goes, I really have not been around long enough to make observations of anything bad about ITA. I will share them however if I do notice anything. I do like the new level of organization that has been brought to the ITA program. I also think that from a student perspective, it seems more like an Academy now, and now it is something to be taken more seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment