There are so many things running through my head right now because I have taken so much information in today.
the information that I took in was more than what I had just learned from AJ, but more so what I had taught myself by processing and making many connections. I am becoming a master of the wiki, and it is now very very simple for me to use. If you would like me to do future administrative work or continue to update the Wiki histories, I would be glad to. I would however in my free time like explore some more advanced features of this wiki. I know that there is much more it can do than what I have been working with.
I am particularly interested in it because of the fact that I working with another wiki for my other job. It is called Confluence and is both similar and different in layout and syntax, however, the general idea remains the same so I can carry over many skills to this other environment, and for that I am glad.
I think that I got the a small part of the beginning of a crash course update to the website, as well as all the intricate unseen work that it takes to make it work. I understand the amount of pain it would have taken to make something like that work. I have written several programs in java, many simple and a few that are quite complicated with many different classes and lines and lines of code. I understand how hard it can be to fix bugs, to test incrementally or to even look for bugs that do not occur in compile time, as well as reworking ideas that may not have been the best. I have a strong feeling that there is ALOT left for me to catch up. I am pumped, pencil sharp and I am ready to go. It is just a matter of time before I can start contributing.
The wiki histories has taken me longer than I expected, but I am being very thorough, making sure to be as accurate as possible. (This is also a good learning opportunity for me.) This is paying of since there are subtle differences in unit schedules etc.
I enjoy the work atmosphere and I am getting to know some of my coworkers well.
All in all, I think that I have and will continue to fit in quite nicely.
If I could have any wish right now at this moment, what would it be?
I wish that I could stop time, so that I can finish a HUGE amount of work, Calculus preparation as well as many errands that must get done before Spring Break. So much work...so little time, but God is good. Untill next time faithfull Blog. ;)
:)
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment