Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday March 18, 2009

This is actually an entry for yesterday. I think it is just easier for me to leave something after the day during the next morning.

I did not really do anything substantial yesterday. I did spend a considerable amount of time trying to get my Wiscal up and running. There are so many options and trying to set repeating events can be complicated.

I was able to get a good feel for the Wiki mark-up and I clearly see how html things are heavily related to programming in php. I realize that for me to be effective in php, I must first have a strong base in what html actually is. The past two days have really been a much needed review. I also have learned new things. I have been working with Confluence which is the other wiki Network Services uses, but the mark-up is significantly different.

I really enjoy everything so far and as long as I am learning, I feel satisfied. There are still somethings that I do not understand however, but I am sure I will grasp these concepts soon.
-Bread crumb system and how it relates to the home.txt file.
-how can the layout be better organized so pages don't get "lost" as in there no visual link to some pages meaning that the user cannot acess so parts unless the exact address in known.

No comments:

Post a Comment