I have not checked my email in awhile due to my exam preparation and literally living in the library. But this blog entry is in response to a particular email that you sent to me, and is a very serious matter that I would like to address and also apologize for. Even though we have sorted these things out, and talked, you said that writing something down is different then an oral meeting.
I just only recently got that email from you, regarding a re-stating of what is required from me. I fully and utterly agree with what you said and I will take that strike as something that is my fault. I have tried to work as hard as I can, and for the most part when I have been late, I have called in. But you are right, I need to get more in the comfort of communication. For that I am sorry. I apologize for not writing in my blog on a consistent basis. But more importantly I realize that the fault lies in me NOT doing something that was promised. I need to be more realistic, and if I REALLY can't accomplish something in the time that I said I could, I should just be honest and let you know. I have made mistakes in this area, but these low level expectations, though crucial and critical for the employee, can be worked out. By that I mean, I can improve.
The primary reason I have not been keeping it updated is becasue I thought, that's exactly what a blog is, an update. If nothing particularly new has happened, what can I say? Also, if I have said everything orally in the last meeting, shall I write down everything again?
I do feel your frustration concerning the time when I said I would update my blog on a certain weekend, but I failed to do so. I am sorry for this lack of responsibility. I do believe that I did send a follow up email about how I was feeling, and that I was really sick but more importantly had several academic pressures at that moment.
Also, as far as the PHP, SQL classes go, I did register for several, but it so happens that some require prerequisites which I was not able to attend since some fell on certain study group dates during the school year. I plan to make new arrangements to make sure that I attend these classes, and then schedule things around those for future class dates. Also, I have looked at online material for some classes. Alot of the begginning classes covered material which I already know, or material tha I have recently learned through a self-study process of php, once I purchased that book.
I am sorry AJ for this lack in communication I realize that it IS one of the things that is contingent on my probationary period and I WILL improve in this area. I will try my best to write in my blog on a timely basis. It is really not problem for me to fill them out. I just don't know what to say sometimes. Maybe if we could discuss specific things that you would like to hear, I would really appreciate it. ( wel already discussed this at the meeting so I think I have a good idea of what you want to know)
I have alot of time this summer on the weekends, and I see that as ample time for me to make up for mistakes. I realize that you are flexible to change, but not to the fact that I am NOT doing something that I SAID I would do. Thank you for giving me time to rest as well as time to come back, I am sure that it will be a great summer.
I am really looking forward the digging deeper into web development work as well as getting involved with the ITA summer camp coming up. I will be sure to update this blog when advancements in my work have been made.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment